A very warm welcome back year 6. I am really pleased to be teaching you during your final year at Barrow. So let's make it fast, furious and fantastic fun. We have lots of learning to do and plenty to look forward to. You have all made a brilliant start to the new school year and settled into the routine quickly. Remember - teamwork, supporting each other and have a strong work ethic goes along way to becoming a success. So let's get cracking!
Check here for any information you might need for your class.
Pupils will need their outdoor wear and wellies Tuesday afternoons for Forest School.
Home Learning will be differentiated and given out on Friday. It will consist of the following:
- English activity (reading comprehension, a writing task or grammar and punctuation activity.
- Maths activity - problem solving or skills practise linked to in class learning.
- Pupils may also be given a research based task linked to a topic area.
- A spelling list. This is linked to a spelling rule or strategy the children have been learning throughout the week. And will also contain some statutory words.
- Pupils have been given a multiplication square and login details for TT Rockstars as they are expected to learn times tables for that week.
- Both spellings and times tables will be tested in class on Friday.
Pupils should hand their home learning in no later than the following Monday. It will be marked and returned by Thursday ready for the cycle to start again.
Parents and pupils should also look on the Curriculum pages for any additional activities that may be posted.