Head Girl and Head Boy
Deputy Head Girl and Deputy Head Boy
A very warm welcome back year 6. I am really pleased to be teaching you during your final year at Barrow. So let's make it fast, furious and fantastic fun. We have lots of learning to do and plenty to look forward to. You have all made a brilliant start to the new school year and settled into the routine quickly. Remember - teamwork, supporting each other and have a strong work ethic goes along way to becoming a success. So let's get cracking!
Home Learning will be set virtually using SeeSaw; will be a consolidation or extension of the weeks learning and where appropriate it will be differentiated. It will consist of all or some of the following:
- English activity (reading comprehension, a writing task or grammar and punctuation activity.
- Maths activity - problem solving or skills practice linked to in class learning.
- Pupils may also be given a research based task linked to a topic area.
- A spelling list. This is linked to a spelling rule or strategy the children have been learning throughout the week. And will also contain some statutory words.
- Pupils have been given a multiplication square and login details for TT Rockstars as they are expected to learn times tables for that week.
- Both spellings and times tables will be tested in class on Friday.
Parents and pupils should also look on the Curriculum pages for any additional activities that may be posted.