Reception Home Learning Archive
I hope you all enjoyed learning about the butterfly life cycle last week. Thankyou to those of you who sent photos of your writing and your wonderful caterpillar and butterfly artwork, it was lovely to see lots of imaginative and creative ideas. There are some new Maths tasks and a Phase 4 Phonics booklet to complete over the week (you don't need to join letters in your handwriting). The Literacy activities this week are based around the story of The Snail and the Whale written by one of my favourite authors, Julia Donaldson.
There are some new activities in the satchel that are all about moving to Year 1 so have a look if you can. Remember to log on to Bug Club to practice your reading and try to get some exercise too. I will make sure that you have plenty of books allocated so that you can continue to practice your reading over the holidays. Have a lovely summer break and I look forward to seeing you all back in school in September.
Summer Fun! Here are lots of activities to try during the holidays if you wish to keep learning.
Letter to children 12.6.20
Home Learning Reception
- Practise sorting numbers to 20 into odd and even.
- Practise phonics daily. Please see the daily activities provided below.
- Practise your reading each day; once you have read the books sent home please log on to Bug Club to access new books. Remember to click on the frog as this will help you move on.
- Complete the weekly English tasks
- Complete the weekly Maths tasks
- Complete a PE fitness activity
- Do some science activities using the link on the main page
- Have fun learning outdoors using the link on the main page
- Practise phonics and maths skills using the games on the linked websites below
- Get creative! Use the music, art, baking and family fun links on the main page
- Take part in some online lessons at Oak National Academy using the link below
- Do some of the activities from the home learning project - click on the satchel to find out more!
Additional learning - Please find a link below to the Oak National Academy website.
This website is an online platform that has been set up by teachers and the Department of Education to provide video lessons for students in different subjects. The lessons are interactive and fun so please have a go! Select menu-year group-reception-schedule to view the lessons available each week.