Year 2 Home Learning Archive
Hello Children, Parents and Carers,
Thank you for your emails, I have enjoyed hearing from you. This is the last week of term and the school holidays begin from next Monday.
This week, in English, you will be learning about shrinking.
In Maths, you are learning about Time. Watch the video lessons first to help you. The maths work book, which will show you different ways of adding and subtracting, is there for weekly practise.
Have you seen the updated Lancashire You Tube activities? They offer exciting Maths, Science, History and other subjects. Also, have a look at the PE website to keep you fit.
For Science, have a look at the BBC Springwatch website, listed below, and learn what is happening in nature. Do you like bees? Take a look in the satchel for bee activities. Also, have a look at the Materials experiments and everyday materials in the home.
Mrs Baptie would like us to think about Art. Have a look at the website in the Art section and choose the week beginning 13/7/20.
Keep reading. Bug club is looking great, many of you are making progress on to different levels. Make sure you click the frog to answer his questions and then you can move up the levels.
In History I would like you to learn about Mary Seacole and what she did.
In the satchel, there is also a unit on transition from KS1 to KS2. The next stage in your learning journey!
TT Rockstars sets a time limit of 3 seconds for you to answer a question correctly and then you can progress.
Well done for working hard, enjoy your holidays and keep safe.
Letter to children 12.6.20
- Practise counting up and back in 2s 3s 5s 10s
- Practise number bonds to 10 20 and 100
- Practise spelling some words from the word list
- Log on to Bug Club and do some reading. Remember to click on the frog on the pages for your activity. This will help you move to new books
- TT Rockstars
- Complete the daily English tasks
- Complete the daily Maths tasks
- Complete weekly spellings on Purple Mash in your 2Dos
- Do some exercise
- Log on to online resources for fun challenges
- Log on to Purple Mash and try some 2Dos
- Do some of the Science STEM activities
STUCK INSIDE - a book to explain the Coronavirus to the very young
English Week beginning 13/7/20
Spelling Week beginning 13/7/20 : Spelling List and Dictation. All of the spellings for Summer Term are on Purple Mash in your to do area.
Week beginning 13/7/20 Time
Just For Fun