PE and Sport Premium
The Government announced that from September 2017, there were changes being made to the PE and Sport Premium Funding. As a school we will receive £17,000 [including £10 per pupil between the ages of 5-11 years old] to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Suggested uses for the funding could include:-
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 6 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
- improved collaboration and growth of networks including partners and external agencies.
Please note for the academic year 2019 / 2020 are unable to report how many children were able to swim 25 metres, due to cancellation of swimming lessons due to COVID 19.
Please click below to view the Pupil Premium Grant Expenditure 2019-20 & 2020-21
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.